Monday, February 16, 2015

SpeedyFox and Vivaldi browser

I use the freeware tool SpeedyFox from CRYSTALIDEA Software to keep my Firefox and Chrome/Chromium browser databases optimized.

Here is a link to SpeedyFox Portable hosted at PortableApps that I actually use.

So I was think-ing.

  1. SpeedyFox supports Chrome/Chromium browsers.
  2. The new Vivaldi browser I’m watching in development is based on Chromium.
  3. SpeedyFox doesn’t explicitly say they support Vivaldi, yet, but…
  4. SpeedyFox does support Chrome/Chromium based browsers.
  5. Vivaldi is based on Chromium.
  6. What happens if I just point SpeedyFox to the data profile store of my Vivaldi installation?

This happens.

  1. SpeedyFox recognizes the data store as “Chrome”, and
  2. It optimizes it with no fuss.

Hurrah!

--Claus V.

No comments: