Saturday, September 28, 2013

More iOS 7 tips and notes

I still haven’t upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 yet.  So far I have 5 apps that I cannot update as they require iOS 7 to load. None of them are critical.

Neither of the girls in the Valca home have their iPhone 4 units on iOS 7 either.  Alvis did upgrade her iPad to iOS 7 without any drama and her beau just got his new iPhone 5s the other day. It’s kicking fast.

My bro just successfully upgraded his iPhone 5 to iOS 7 today and had no issues so I think I will get him to give me a tour and play on it a bit since we have the same model.

I had planned to do the upgrade this weekend as I expected some patches to come out in the period before the first release and now that was true (current version of post time is iOS 7.0.2).

But now I am reading rumors that an iOS 7.1 build might come out in a few more weeks so I think I will try to hold off the upgrade just a bit longer, especially since once you upgrade you can’t roll back to iOS 6 since Apple killed their signed firmware certificates for it.

So here is a collection of iOS 7 linkage I have grabbed so I can continue to review and pre-study and then refer-back to once I do the jump for some possible tweakage.

Downgrading from iOS 7 to iOS 6: Why Apple won’t let you - ExtremeTech

iOS 7, thoroughly reviewed -Ars Technica

Linkpost | 9.18.2013 - Chron.com’s TechBlog  - chock full of iPhone 5s/5c news and links!

Death to textures: iOS 6 and iOS 7 compared in pictures -Ars Technica

iOS 7 Review: Pretty Is as Pretty Does - Gizmodo

All The Apps Optimized for iOS 7 - Lifehacker

iOS 7 vs. iOS 6: A Look At The Major Interface Changes - Addictive Tips

iOS 7's Biggest Annoyances (and How to Fix Them) - Lifehacker

New lease on life or death sentence? iOS 7 on the iPhone 4 - Ars Technica

Upgraded to iOS 7? 5 Shiny New Things To Check Out Right Away - MakeUseOf

How to turn off iOS 7 frequent location tracking and increase your privacy - iMore

iOS 7 Smart Multitasking & Background App Refresh Explained - Addictive Tips

Everything You Need to Know About the iOS 7 Upgrade - Kinja

Linkpost | 9.19.2012 - Chron.com’s TechBlog

Eight things to love about iOS 7 [Updated] - Chron.com’s TechBlog

Here’s how to prepare for iOS 7 - Chron.com’s TechBlog

Before and after: The best iOS 7 app redesigns (Updating) - The Next Web

How to access list view in the Calendars app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7 - iMore

Lesser Known New Features & Changes In iOS 7 - Addictive TIps

How to disable Control Center access on the iOS 7 Lock screen - iMore

How to delete individual iMessages and texts in iOS 7 - iMore

iOS 7 lock screen bypass flaw discovered, and how to fix it - ZDNet

iPhone 5s Teardown - iFixit

Apple iOS 7 Uses New Multi-path TCP Protocol Extension - Daniel Miessler

Top 10 Secret Features of iOS 7 - Lifehacker

How to bring the bold fonts back to iOS 7 - iMore

iOS 7.0.2 now available, fixes Lock screen passcode bypass - iMore

Apple releases iOS 7.0.2 with fix for Lock screen passcode bypass flaw - 9to5Mac

iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, and iOS 7.1 already seeing widespread testing inside Apple - 9to5Mac

Cheers

--Claus Valca

No comments: