Sunday, April 05, 2009

Clever Card Design

I was tasked with working up a new set of business cards the other day.

We’ve got some high-profile projects and are meeting with various vendors and the exchange of business cards seems to be in vogue again.

Were it up to me, I’d just write my name and phone # on a length of Cat-6 cable.  Pricy but does the trick.

Alas I was encouraged to look deeper for inspiration.

In that search I found these sites that offered some creative and out-of-the-box business card designs.  I’ve seen a few of these before, but were price not a concern, I’d be hard-pressed to not attempt at least a few of these cards.

I’ve since come up with some designs for our group’s business card with the helpful input of some colleagues.

Nothing near as fancy, but definitely an improvement over Cat-6 cables…

--Claus V.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you even considered going to your local Office Supply store such as Staples, Office Depot or Office Max. They can do them in smaller quantities, quicker and possibly even less than some of these online sites (especially since you don't have to pay shipping). Just a thought.

Claus said...

@ ffextensionguru - We have to use a pre-contracted source for the printing of our business cards.

Otherwise your suggestion would be a good deal.

The links I mentioned don't actually sell business card services...they have some examples of neat card designs that I thought were clever and different from the normal crowd of business cards normally encountered.

Of course, it seemed to me that most of them were for graphic designers/services, architects, and such. I guess they have to work harder than most to differentiate themselves.

Now if I wanted a small and creative run of my own personal cards to pass out...then I would be considering an office supply store. We have some small mom-n-pop print shops around town too. They would be pricier for small-volume runs, but could probably handle special papers and elements a bit more flexibly.

Cheers!

--Claus V.

Anonymous said...

So what was your design?