Monday, September 01, 2008

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 news

Yeah, I'm a Firefox groupie, but I have to use Internet Explorer "officially" at work.

Our machines are still sitting on version 6 but hopefully by the end of the year we might finally get them all rolled out to version 7.

Just in time to see version 8 released.

(Sigh)

But I still have to keep a close eye on version 8 developments.

Lots has been said on the latest IE 8 beta 2 release, so I really don't find anything useful (in this realm) to contribute.  So instead, here is a roundup of useful and informative posts about the latest browser from Redmond.

Features

Try it Painlessly - Virtual-Style

  • IEBlog : Updated VPC Images Now Available - If you (like me) shudder at putting this beta-version release on your production system, Microsoft has kindly provided a brand-new Virtual PC virtual hard-drive file that bundles IE8 beta 2.  IE8B2-XPSP3_VPC.exe contains a Windows XP SP3 with IE8 Beta 2 VHD file pre-loaded.  So you are now good to go.  I've already put it into action on my work machine's virtual system collection.

First Impressions from the Pros

Ooops!  Did IE8b2 do that?

Teaser

Guess what Claus smelt in that? 

Coming up: A fun search and good news for Enterprise (and Parents) coming in my very next post....

--Claus

No comments: